Himalayan Crystal Salt
Why Natural Salt is an Essential Nutrient?
Salt is essential for life—you cannot live without it.
Unrefined natural salt is important to many biological processes:
- Help your brain communicate with your muscles, so that you can move on demand via sodium-potassium ion exchange
- Help regulate our mood and sleep
- Help accelerate fat burning metabolism
- Help detox our body
- Being a major component of your blood plasma, lymphatic fluid, extracellular fluid, and even amniotic fluid
- Carry nutrients into and out of your cells
- Maintain and regulate blood pressure
Himalayan salt is an all natural salt that's completely pure, having spent millions of years maturing under extreme tectonic pressure, far away from impurities and unpolluted with heavy metals and industrial toxins. Himalayan salt is only 85 percent sodium chloride, the remaining 15 percent contains approximately 80 trace minerals. These trace minerals are important for good bone health.
In an article in Newswise, Dian Griesel, Ph.D., co-author of the book TurboCharged: Accelerate Your Fat Burning Metabolism, Get Lean Fast and Leave Diet and Exercise Rules in the Dust, explains:
"The optimal level of salt in our diets has been a controversial subject for at least 20 years. There is no disagreement that high blood pressure (even moderately high) is a risk factor for heart disease and stroke. However, salt consumption does not seem to have the same effect on everyone. In addition, there is usually no distinction on the type of salt used."